It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which we carry out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the section What rights do I have?.
We collect and process personal data about you when you:
- visit and/or register on any websites owned and operated by us (including www.lanecrawford.com, www.lanecrawford.com.hk, and www.lanecrawford.com.cn) (collectively, our Site);
- place an order with us as a guest or as a registered user on our Site;
- provide us with your personal data via: our physical stores or telephone enquiries number, your application for or use of our services (such as our Privilege Cards or Private Sales).
We process personal data for the following purposes:
To conduct our business and pursue legitimate interests, in particular:
- To provide our services to you, including: responding to any questions you may have, providing you with recommendations on products in our stores or on our Site; maintaining your shopping cart on our Site; assessing your applications with us for any of our services; providing our Privilege Card to you; fulfilling any orders you may make with us (including verification and security checks of your details, processing of your payments, shipping products that you have ordered to you, and processing return or exchanges of products you have purchased); providing free Wi-Fi services to you at our physical stores and providing the Lane Crawford App services to you; and
- We monitor use of our Site and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
When you give us consent (if required):
- To provide you with direct marketing communications in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our related companies and brand partners:
We may market to you our goods and services, and the goods and services of: (a) our related companies (including our affiliate and subsidiary companies), (b) business partners, and (c) other third party providers. Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email, SMS, WeChat messages, smartphone app push notifications, notifications on your social media pages, in-app messaging or postal mail.
Such marketing communications may market or offer products or services (including special events and promotions) in the following categories: Dining, food and beverages, sports, music, film, television and other entertainment, clothing and accessories, jewellery, luggage and bags, cosmetics, personal health and hygiene, electronics, home furnishings, and housewares, automobiles, transport and travel, hotels, financial services, loyalty and reward programs, media services, entertainment services, social networking services, payment services, online advertising services, other e-commerce, information and communications and services, concierge services, and other products and services that we think may be relevant to you based on information you provide to us (for instance, via your participation in our surveys).
- To allow you to register for and participate in our events and promotions, including verifying your identity at those events and promotions; and
- To analyse trends, usage and browsing and shopping behaviour with us (whether on an individualized or aggregated basis), which helps us better understand how you and our collective customer base access and use our Site and services, for the purposes of improving our services and to respond to customer desires and preferences. For these purposes, we will use personal data about your gender, age, interests, geographical location, Site usage (including browsing behaviour / activities), shopping behaviour and other personal data.
For purposes which are required by law:
- For authentic identity requirement under Chinese laws for providing free Wi-Fi service to you at our Mainland China physical stores; and
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We have carried out balancing tests for all the data processing we carry out on the basis of our business and legitimate interests, which we have described above. You can obtain information on any of our balancing tests by contacting us using the details set out later in this policy.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. Specifically, in the case of customers from the European Economic Area (EEA), we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our business or legitimate interests. Irrespective of the legal basis on which we rely to send you direct marketing, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, or profiling we carry out for direct marketing, at any time. You can do this by: (a) contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to; Privacy Officer, Lane Crawford, 30F, One Island South, 2 Heung Yip Road Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong, or (b) in the case of emails, by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails.
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct , delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, if you are from EEA you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the data for business or other legitimate interests, purposes for which consent has been given (including direct marketing) or other legal requirements).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, where they would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights) or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. Relevant exemptions are available under applicable laws. We will inform you of relevant exemptions we rely upon when responding to any request you make.
To exercise any of these rights, or to obtain other information, such as a copy of a legitimate interests balancing test, you can get in touch with us – or our privacy officer – using the details set out below. (Applicable only if you are from the EEA: If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.)
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at email@example.com or by writing to Privacy Officer, Lane Crawford, 30/F, One Island South, 2 Heung Yip Road, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong. You may also access, verify or update your personal data by logging into the Site or completing the “Customer Information Renewal Form” at one of our stores.
The data controllers are LCJG Limited, and its related companies; contact details can be found in the section How do I get in touch with you above.
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our Site and it is required for business and legitimate interests or legal requirement [(applicable if you are from the EEA only for 7 years after any business and legitimate interests or legal requirements no longer exist)].
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
(Applicable if you are from the EEA only) Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for 7 years after any business and legitimate interests no longer exists, and where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract or for a competition, we keep the data for 7 years from your last interaction with us.
We place conspicuous notices in Lane Crawford stores to inform customers we prohibit unauthorised photography, sound and/or video recording for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes in our stores. We reserve the right to remove offenders from our premises.
We permit photography, sound and/or video recording where the images/recordings are solely for personal use and are not published or reproduced in print or electronically for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes.
Permitted photography, sound and/or video recording are subject to the following conditions:
(1) no photographs or video and/or sound footage is taken of staff members or other customers without express permission of the staff member or customer;
(2) flash and tripods are not used without written permission;
(3) customers refrain from taking photographs, and recording sound and/or video footage and/or leave the premises if;
- they are causing concern to any staff member or a nuisance to other customers;
- our staff reasonably believe the customer is causing an obstruction or compromising safety or security in any way;
- our staff reasonably suspect that photography, sound and/or video recording are for commercial use, private gain, use in press or media, or for promotional purposes.
If a customer has queries in relation to the photography policy, he/she may contact the Store Manager.